You Mean THESE Guys Are In World Series (Again)? -
#SF Giants in World Series Third Time in Five Years -
20 Things Wrong with this Picture?
You have a team that's won it's last 16 of 18 playoff games despite backing into the playoffs as the last and weakest team with the worst record ( as it did in 2010 and 2012)- and, by the way:
20) You have an over-rated manager (due to other nefarious things going on, it would appear) with a sub -.500 managerial record over 20 years save for the three recent World Series years, which we feel are aberrations, anyway.
19) You have a team without its key igniter, left fielder Pagan ,who is replaced by a lifetime .250 hitting first baseman in Ishikawa who's hardly played in the outfield before, a guy who nearly quit baseball this year after being dropped by Pittsburg.
18) You have three rookies Panik,Susac and Duffy with less than two months ML experience, one of them in the starting lineup
17) You have a career .240 hitter playing center field in Blanco
16) You. Have a 190 hitter during the regular season platooning with the same leftfielder released from Pittsburg
...and that's WITHOUT BUMGARNER, lowering his seasonal ERA from 2.50 to around 1.00
Giants PEDS, San Francisco Giants PEDs,#peds baseball, #peds, #sfgiants, #playoffs, adderall, amphetamines, drug policy, peds in baseball, ped t-shirts, giants tshirts, world series tshirts, peds in baseball history, peds in baseball articles, peds in baseball statistics, steroids in baseball essay, steroids in baseball history, steroids in baseball articles, drugs in baseball, drugs in baseball facts, drugs in baseball articles, drugs in baseball statistics, drugs in sports, drugs in sports articles, drugs in sports statistics, adderall, amphetaminies, drug policy, Sandoval PEDs, Blanco PEDs, Belt PEDs, Crawford PEDs, Machi PEDs, Petit PEDs, Casilla PEDs, Peavy PEDs, Vogelsong PEDs,
15) You have a .230 hitting DH /first baseman/ left fielder over the last few months in Morse, who was injured last two months of the season coming in cold to the playoffs
14) You have a .220 hitting shortstop thru August who made the most errors in the league
13) You have only one .300 hitter in Posey - aside from Panik who's only played two months -and two good hitters in Sandoval and Pence and that's it.(Of course the playoffs is another story when Sandoval suddenly, almost magically starts pounding the ball.
12) You have one legitimate playoff caliber starting pitcher in Bumgarner with no 2. Cain on the shelf and a bunch of guys - Peavy, Hudson, Vogelsong - who would be fifth starters, at best, on most teams. Of course, on the Giants, their stats magically go up.
11) Those remaining three starting pitchers all over the age of 33, journey men players who might be out of baseball today had the Giants not picked them up:
10) One of those veteran starting pitchers, Peavy, had a one and 13 record with a five ERA before coming to San Francisco two months ago
9) You have another starting pitcher,37-year-old Vogelsong, cut loose by Pittsburgh and playing in Japan before coming to the Giants and suddenly, magically, having career years.
8) Your starting pitcher Hudson now 39 was out injured all last year and basically given up on by Atlanta
7) The closer, Casilla, was a 5.0 era pitcher for Oakland three years ago , before the Giants picked him up
6) Relievers Machi and Petite were 'no names '. until last year after they got to the Giants with a little little major-league experience and poor track records, high ERAs
5) Affeldt and Lopez were fair to MIDLIN' pitches before coming to the Giants
4)Morse was an injury prone indicted PED user, weak fielding , striking out kind of guy for Washington off a bad year before coming to the Giants this year. His year in SF wasn't all that impressive, either, with 15 homers, a .260 average and out with injuries much of the second half.
3) All the above mentioned Giants have suddenly improved -in most cases-78o789789 greatly improved- their stats since coming to the Giants (SEE CHARTS BELOW)
2) No coincidence that the Giants ALWAYS have great stretch drives (Sept-October '10,'12,'14) with mostly different characters DOING THE SAME THING as in 2010 and 2012. Think Huff, Burrell, Ross, Torres, Scutaro, Arias, Zito, Mota, Wilson, Renteria, Molina, Ishakawa(yes , that one), Guillen, Ramirez and Uribe.
1) #SFGiants have had 23 indicted players (and many more suspects) -far more than any other team (not to mention one for sure Adderall user -albeit legal- who had career year propelling Giants to first (2010) World Series
and you mean to tell me a team like this is going to the World Series again for the third time in five years?
Either the Giants have the best ever, miracle working pitching and hitting coaches that they could turn all these guys around like magic or something else is transpiring to have , to a man, very unlikely -almost impossiblyalmost impossibly-TUrned these players ' season around